Vision for Life
The eye is our most important sensory organ and good vision is a prerequisite for an active life. Up to 80% of all impressions are perceived by sight. However, we often don't think about our senses until an organ stops working. Anyone with poor vision is restricted in many ways - there is no doubt that better vision means better life; so you have plenty of reasons to take care of your eyes, particularly as you age.
7 tips to help maintain healthy eyesight
Eat for Healthy Eyes
Eat foods rich in protective nutrients like omega 3, vitamin C and other antioxidants. A balanced diet helps reduce the risk of obesity and diseases like type II diabetes – diabetes is a major cause of adult blindness.
Physical activity stimulates blood circulation, improves oxygen levels to the eyes and helps remove toxins.
Smoking increases the risk of cataracts, optic nerve damage and macular degeneration. Smokers have 3 times the risk of developing macular degeneration.
Protect your eyes from the sun’s ultraviolet (UV) rays. Too much UV exposure increases your risk of cataracts and macular degeneration. Choose sunglasses that block 99-100% of UVA and UVB rays.
Use Safety Eyewear
If you work with hazardous or airborne materials wear safety glasses or googles every time.
Look Away from the Computer Screen
Staring too long at a computer screen can lead to eyestrain, blurred vision, trouble focusing at a distance, dry eyes, headaches, neck, back & shoulder pain. If your eyes are dry, blink more. Rest your eyes every 20 minutes by looking 20 metres away for 20 secs. Take a 15 minute screen-break every 2 hours.
Have a regular eye check
To protect your sight and ensure early detection of problems get a regular periodic professional eye examination.
Sanderson Vision FX
While a healthy eating regime is important many people do not get all the nutrients they need or at the levels required from their food. Sanderson 1-a-day Vision FX contains a powerful complex of key nutrients indicated to support normal healthy vision, particularly as we age. Sanderson have based the Vision FX formulation on the best available research into nutrient support for optimal eye health, including large scale studies.
Key Features & Benefits:
- Flax Seed Oil – provides omega 3 and is indicated to support normal eye moisture levels.
- Vitamin A 1000iu – supports healthy retina function.
- Vitamin C – helps maintain the condition of the lenses in our eyes.
- Vitamin D3 – Vitamin D3 is required for eye health.
- Lutein – an antioxidant present in the lens and retina that also filters damaging blue light.
- Zeaxanthin – similar to lutein, and performs the same functions.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid – a vitamin-like antioxidant indicated in research to support eye function.
- Natural Vitamin E – antioxidant vitamin that helps the body resist damaging oxidation of cells.
- Zinc – supports the body’s absorption of antioxidants that protect the eye.
- Copper – a crucial trace mineral with multiple roles including supporting eye health.
|EACH CAPSULE CONTAINS:|
|Flax Seed Oil||500mg|
|Vitamin A (Retinyl Palmitate)||1000iu|
|Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid)||150mg|
|Natural Vitamin E||200iu|
|Zinc (Zinc citrate)||15mg|
|Copper (Copper gluconate)||1mg|
This formulation is free from artificial colours, flavours, sweeteners and preservatives, cereals containing gluten, crustaceans, eggs, peanuts, nuts, celery, mustard, sesame seeds, sulphur dioxide and sulphites above 10ppm, mollusk, lupin, yeasts and corn.